For my book – provisional title, How to Survive and Thrive in Teaching – I’m looking for people willing to share their stories. In addition to my survey -if you haven’t completed it, please do – it’s HERE! -I’m going to be looking for at least 5 teachers or ex-teachers for case-studies in my research on teacher wellbeing and retention. Options would be either to provide an account of your story in writing or to be available for a 1:1 interview. I am based in Herts/London.
- A long-serving teacher (30 years plus) who still loves their job
- Someone who has walked away from the profession
- A senior leader or Head who actively priorities teacher wellbeing and is willing to talk about retention issues
- A thriving NQT who has experienced challenges but still loves the job
- A teacher of around 10 years experience who is still in the job and enjoys many elements of it, but may be feeling jaded/trapped
Ideally, I would like to cover a range of contexts: urban and rural, male and female teachers, successful schools and struggling ones, primary and secondary, independent and state…
All individuals and schools will be completely anonymised and I will not share any of your information without your permission.
If you are interested, or know someone who might be, please could you email me a quick summary of your story to email@example.com?